• Cooks in: 30 minutes • Serves: 2 • Difficulty: super easy • Category: ready to eat •
“This exotic duck salad has got it all going on – crunch, spice, juicy fruit and tasty crispy duck”
- 1 large duck breast
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 pomegranate , halved
- 3 spring onions , trimmed and sliced
- 1 sprig fresh coriander , leaves picked a few sprigs watercress
- ½ ripe mango , peeled and cut into chunks
- ½ lime , juice of sesame oil , to drizzle
- 1 little gem lettuce
- Season the duck breast and dust with Chinese five spice powder. Put in a medium-hot frying pan and fry very gently for 5 minutes, turning halfway, until lots of fat has come out of the skin and the skin is golden brown.
- Take out of the pan and slice thinly – the duck will still be raw in the middle but don’t worry!
- Discard the fat from the pan and put the sliced duck back in. Stir fry for a few minutes, until cooked through and crispy. Set aside.
- Mix the pomegranate seeds, spring onions, coriander, watercress, mango and crispy duck together. Dress with the lime juice and a drizzle of sesame oil. Season to taste.
- Separate the lettuce leaves and arrange on plates. Top with the dressed salad to serve.
• Cooks in: 20 minutes • Serves: 1 • Difficulty: super easy • Category: ready to eat • “Nickname: Sloppy Joe” Ingredients: 6 rashers of smoked bacon Big pinch of brown sugar Pinch of chilli powder 3 iceberg lettuce leaves 3 slices of Turkey per person 2 tbsp Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise 1 tbsp cranberry sauce […]
• Cooks in: 30 minutes • Serves: 2 • Difficulty: super easy • Category: ready to eat • “This exotic duck salad has got it all going on – crunch, spice, juicy fruit and tasty crispy duck” Ingredients: 1 large duck breast 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder 1 pomegranate , halved 3 spring onions […]
• Cooks in: 30 minutes • Serves: 6 • Difficulty: easy • Category: low and slow • “For the tasty, tender wings, marinate overnight and bring them to room temperature before cooking” Ingredients: 25 higher-welfare chicken wings ginger and honey marinade 5 spring onions , finely sliced 5 tbsp honey 2 tbsp soy sauce 1 red […]
• Cooks in: 25 minutes • Serves: 4 • Difficulty: not too tricky • Category: ready to eat • “Delicious and refreshing, it’s ideal for sunny days” Ingredients: 1 bunch of spring onions 1 clove of garlic; 5cm piece of ginger 1 fresh green Bird’s-eye chilli 1 teaspoon cumin seeds groundnut oil 3 fresh curry […]