• Cooks in: 25 minutes • Serves: 4 • Difficulty: not too tricky • Category: ready to eat •
“Delicious and refreshing, it’s ideal for sunny days”
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 1 clove of garlic; 5cm piece of ginger
- 1 fresh green Bird’s-eye chilli
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- groundnut oil
- 3 fresh curry leaves
- 800 ml organic vegetable or chicken stock
- 450 g fresh or frozen peas
- ½ teaspoon jaggery or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons tamarind paste
- ½ a lime
- 175 g (one large) smoked chicken breast
- Trim and roughly chop the spring onions, peel and chop the garlic and ginger, then deseed and chop the chilli.
- Toast the cumin seeds in a dry pan, then add 2 tablespoons of oil, the spring onions, garlic, ginger, chilli and curry leaves.
- Fry for 1 to 2 minutes, or until sizzling, then pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the peas and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, then stir in the jaggery or sugar and tamarind paste. Season to taste, then use a stick blender to purée until smooth. Set aside.
- Mix in the curry leaves, followed by the smoked chicken breast, frying for about 1 minute on each side, until it is cooked through and beginning to brown.
- Reheat the soup (don’t let it boil or it will lose its freshness), then taste, adding lime juice if you feel it needs extra tang.
- Divide between warmed bowls and spoon on the spiced scallops and curry leaves to finish.
• Cooks in: 20 minutes • Serves: 1 • Difficulty: super easy • Category: ready to eat • “Nickname: Sloppy Joe” Ingredients: 6 rashers of smoked bacon Big pinch of brown sugar Pinch of chilli powder 3 iceberg lettuce leaves 3 slices of Turkey per person 2 tbsp Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise 1 tbsp cranberry sauce […]
• Cooks in: 30 minutes • Serves: 2 • Difficulty: super easy • Category: ready to eat • “This exotic duck salad has got it all going on – crunch, spice, juicy fruit and tasty crispy duck” Ingredients: 1 large duck breast 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder 1 pomegranate , halved 3 spring onions […]
• Cooks in: 30 minutes • Serves: 6 • Difficulty: easy • Category: low and slow • “For the tasty, tender wings, marinate overnight and bring them to room temperature before cooking” Ingredients: 25 higher-welfare chicken wings ginger and honey marinade 5 spring onions , finely sliced 5 tbsp honey 2 tbsp soy sauce 1 red […]
• Cooks in: 25 minutes • Serves: 4 • Difficulty: not too tricky • Category: ready to eat • “Delicious and refreshing, it’s ideal for sunny days” Ingredients: 1 bunch of spring onions 1 clove of garlic; 5cm piece of ginger 1 fresh green Bird’s-eye chilli 1 teaspoon cumin seeds groundnut oil 3 fresh curry […]