• Cooks in: 30 minutes • Serves: 4 • Difficulty: not too tricky • Category: grilling •
“These might be the best boar burgers ever! Ask your butcher to mince a nice piece of wild boar shoulder or belly for you – make sure it has a good marbling of fat for the best-tasting burgers. ”
- 500 g minced wild boar shoulder or belly
- 1 tablespoon brown sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 2 shallots
- 4 burger buns
- olive oil
- 2 Braeburn or Cox’s apples
- 50 g blue cheese , such as Colston Bassett Stilton
- 30 g watercress
- Work the mince in a bowl with your hands to break down the fat – this will act as a natural binder and help the mince stick together.
- Divide the meat into 4, roll each piece into a ball, then flatten to roughly 1cm thick, so they’re slightly larger than the buns (they’ll get thicker as they cook). Pop in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat the oven to 120°C/250°F/gas ½.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown, Worcestershire and tomato sauces together – adding as much or as little of each as you like. Peel, finely chop and stir in the shallots, then set aside.
- Halve the buns, then pop them on a baking tray and warm in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium-high heat and fry the burgers for about 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through, seasoning well as you go.
- To build your burgers, spread the shallot sauce on the warm bun bases. Slice and add the crisp apple, followed by the burger and a nice piece of blue cheese. Finish with a pinch of watercress, then pop on the lids and serve immediately.
• Cooks in: 20 minutes • Serves: 1 • Difficulty: super easy • Category: ready to eat • “Nickname: Sloppy Joe” Ingredients: 6 rashers of smoked bacon Big pinch of brown sugar Pinch of chilli powder 3 iceberg lettuce leaves 3 slices of Turkey per person 2 tbsp Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise 1 tbsp cranberry sauce […]
• Cooks in: 30 minutes • Serves: 2 • Difficulty: super easy • Category: ready to eat • “This exotic duck salad has got it all going on – crunch, spice, juicy fruit and tasty crispy duck” Ingredients: 1 large duck breast 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder 1 pomegranate , halved 3 spring onions […]
• Cooks in: 30 minutes • Serves: 6 • Difficulty: easy • Category: low and slow • “For the tasty, tender wings, marinate overnight and bring them to room temperature before cooking” Ingredients: 25 higher-welfare chicken wings ginger and honey marinade 5 spring onions , finely sliced 5 tbsp honey 2 tbsp soy sauce 1 red […]
• Cooks in: 25 minutes • Serves: 4 • Difficulty: not too tricky • Category: ready to eat • “Delicious and refreshing, it’s ideal for sunny days” Ingredients: 1 bunch of spring onions 1 clove of garlic; 5cm piece of ginger 1 fresh green Bird’s-eye chilli 1 teaspoon cumin seeds groundnut oil 3 fresh curry […]